Fillers are used to fill lines and for creating contours. The ideal filler would last approximately one year.
What are fillers used to treat?
This depends somewhat on the filler, but the broad answer is lines and wrinkles. They can also be used to plump and define lips and fill hollow areas on the face.
Here are some of the areas where they work best:
- lines from the nose to the mouth (nasolabial fold)
- lines from the mouth to the chin (melomental fold)
- lines above the upper lip
- frown lines (best combined with Botox Cosmetic)
- in the lips for volume and definition
- to restore volume to cheekbones or cheeks
- in some situations, under the eyes
- to fill out the backs of the hands and make veins look less prominent